Welcome to Dining Services
We're Here to Help
What about Allergies, Intolerances and Celiac Disease
We recognize various food preferences and allergies among a large campus population and are dedicated to meeting the nutritional needs of our students. Our goal is to provide students with the tools and support they need to utilize the dining halls safely and be active in the management of their food allergy or food-related medical condition. We take into account each individual student’s personal dietary needs and make every effort to help transition students into their new life at Boise State University. The dining halls, Boise River Café and SouthFork Market, accommodate many dietary considerations:
- Made-without-gluten options offered in both dining halls
- Made-without-gluten station at SouthFork Market
- Vegan and vegetarian options offered in both dining halls
- Onsite Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, available to assist with navigating the dining halls and addressing dietary concerns and questions
- Online menus
- Floor supervisors available in both dining halls to assist with questions
Important allergen disclaimer information can be found here.
Meal Plan Accommodations Process
1. Fill out the Meal Plan Accommodation form.
2. The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) will contact the student after receiving their meal plan accommodation form.
3. The RDN will schedule a meeting between the student and the review panel, consisting of the Dining Services Dietitian, Food Production Manager and/or Food Service Director. Dietary requirements will be reviewed and students will learn what specialized diets or other accommodations are available.
4. The review panel will discuss the individual case after the meeting.
5. Students requesting an exemption, will be notified of the decision via email from RDN.